Proposal Reflection

The innovation proposal project has become my favorite assignment thus far in this class, and I think that it helped me use skills that any sound engineer should be good at, such as cooperation, good communication, and time management. Through this project, I exercised my ability to cooperate effectively with my peers to create a compelling and realistic proposal. Though we had some hiccups in the process, we were able to power through, and I think I did well to bring the group together.

The genre of our project was to be informative and persuasive. In the presentation, we showed a significant problem that has plagued New York for decades, and together we brainstormed a solution to the problem.

The best part about this project is that the project offered an opportunity for me to develop and engage in the collaborative and social aspects of writing processes. Until this point in the class, we have only been able to exchange ideas with classmates during the revision phases of our essays, but this essay allowed me to socialize and have fun through our writing. This feeling of creative liberty made this assignment so fun for me and allowed me to connect with like-minded individuals.

The intended audience for this project was my classmate and teacher; my extended audience was the city and mayor.

Now that we have concluded our proposal projects, I can say that through this project, I successfully led and cooperated with my team, developing and engaging in the collaborative and social aspects of writing processes, practicing using various library resources, online databases, and the Internet to locate sources appropriate to your writing projects, and practiced exemplary organizational skills and time management. Also, through this project, I have formed bonds and made connections that will long outlive the duration of this class.